Hello there, Beauties!! I figured that now is as good a time as any to give you guys a look into who I am as a person by sharing 20 random facts about me.
I’m fairly certain I’ve seen this as a tag somewhere, but don’t remember who started it or even where I saw it, to credit them. Blame it on the old age. Either way, I figured that this is the perfect time for us to get to know each other a little bit.
Enough rambling, let’s get into it.
- I was born in Japan, but I’m not Japanese. My mom was in the Air Force, and happened to be stationed there when she got pregnant with me.
- Pink is my favorite color, but I grew up despising it.
- I’ve been a writer for just about my entire life.
- Growing up, I wanted to be a broadcast journalist. I’d do newscasts in my room and everything. It was a serious situation lol.
- I was in the Army briefly. It just wasn’t for me. Maybe one day I’ll go into it further for you guys.
- The chore I despise the most is folding laundry. If I could, I’d just leave it all in my laundry basket or the dryer and just pull out what I need.
- I find inspiration for my posts from conversations I have with my friends about makeup, not necessarily what I see online.
- I would much rather stay in the house and watch TV on a Saturday night than go out and party. I did so much partying for so many years that I’m just thoroughly uninterested in doing it now.
- Speaking of partying, I used to host club events about five years ago, and loved it at the time.
- I have a fifteen year old son. He’ll be 16 in March, and the thought of him learning to drive literally terrifies me to no end.
- I’m 37 years old, for the record.
- Snacks are pretty much all I need in life. I’ll eat a full meal, but definitely spend most of my time snacking on junk food. Popcorn is my absolute favorite.
- Makeup became more important to me, for lack of a better term, when my mother passed away almost two years ago. She ALWAYS looked so nice whenever she went somewhere, even when she got sick, so it’s my way of paying tribute to her, I guess.
- I’m a generally nice person, but wouldn’t necessarily call myself very friendly. I’m cordial, but have been told on more than one occasion that people think I’m mean before they get to know me. I blame it on my permanent RBF (Resting Bitch Face).
- Speaking of my face, it tells my whole story. I’m terrible at hiding my emotions. If I’m mad, happy, sad, or anything else, you’ll immediately know once you look at my face. It’s a blessing and a curse.
- Other than writing, I have been doing internet radio for quite some time now. I’m an on-air talent and work the board as well.
- I hate the sound of my voice on recordings, so I don’t leave voicemails or listen to my show playbacks if I can help it. I know, it’s weird.
- I love giving gifts, but hate Christmas.
- My dad fostered my love for music and football. My little brother wasn’t into sports, so I would always end up sitting with my dad on Sundays watching the games. He was a drummer, so music was something he always talked about and exposed me to.
- I’m probably the most impatient person on the planet, so I don’t buy makeup especially online if I can help it. When I want something, I want it right then and hate waiting.
So, those are a few things about me, Beauties. Let me know a little about you in the comments below.
Until next time! xoxo